We are seeking to fill a one-year term position for a digital communications coordinator.
Purpose of the position
In keeping with the overall communications strategy, the digital communications coordinator will develop and execute a social media strategy for the Union.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- developing, implementing and monitoring UCTE’s digital presence across various platforms
- Editing, publishing and managing the UCTE website and other communications media including digital newsletter
- Providing analysis of digital media strategy
- Maintaining the UCTE brand
- Creating draft documents and messages for editing as requested
- Providing communications support as requested
- Outreaching to members for relevant content
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study OR a combination of education, training and experience equal to at least the completion of secondary school education plus five years’ directly related experience
- Strong research and writing skills in both official languages. Bilingualism is imperative.
- Knowledge and skills related to a variety of digital communications strategies with regards to public and media relations
- Strong working knowledge of trade unions and Union principles
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Good interpersonal, networking and diplomatic skills
- Some travel may be required.
Closing date: September 7, 2018 at 4:00 PM EST